Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Shadow Obstacle Game

I first saw this great idea at the end of 2011. It is an idea created by Joe Matulis which I have used with my junior PE classes once at the end of last year and with my Receptions just recently at the end of term 1 this year. It is a great idea and one the students really enjoy. The game involves projecting Power Point slides onto the gym wall (as large as possible). These slides contain objects following movement paths. When the students move across the slide their shadow becomes a part of the slide. The students have to make their shadow dodge the objects moving around on the slide. The game really makes the students think about how they need to move to successfully get through a slide. It is also a great collaborative activity as it provides many opportunities for students to share what works and what doesn't.



1 comment:

  1. Rad! Let me know if you end up making any new levels.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete